The Raymond family arrived in Napa Valley in 1933 and became connected to the Beringer family via marriage in 1936. Roy worked as winemaker for Beringer from 1933-1970, when in 1970, he and his two sons set out on their own with the 90-acre estate property in Rutherford where the winery is located. They released their first commercial wine under the Raymond Vineyards label in 1974 and never looked back. Like all great American family stories, the Raymonds put hard work and a pioneering spirit into their winery. Their dedication has helped make Raymond Vineyards a classic Napa Valley icon.