The price is for One(1) bottle, if purchasing all Three(3) the box is included
A Tribute to Time
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE: EVERY YEAR, A NEW EDITION OF THE FOUNDER’S DREAM
Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to offer the very best Champagne every year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Since 1843, the House of Krug has honoured this vision with each new Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée: the fullest expression of Champagne.
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE 161ÈME ÉDITION IN ESSENCE:
▪ It is a blend of 134 wines from 12 different years, the youngest of which is from 2005, while the oldest dates back to 1990.
▪ Its final composition is 44 % Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay and 19% Meunier.
▪A stay of around seven years in Krug’s cellars gives Krug Grande Cuvée 161ème Édition its distinct expression and elegance.
THE STORY OF ITS CREATION:
▪Krug Grande Cuvée 161ème Édition was composed around the harvest of 2005, a year of patience and diligence during which a mild winter was followed by a hot, overcast summer.
▪ While the harvest in Champagne officially began on 12th September, Krug determined from its tastings that the fullest expression of Champagne would require another week on the vines. The generous yield revealed an exceptional level of freshness.
▪ In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 32% of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée.
▪ Due its size, Krug Grande Cuvée 161ème Édition Jeroboam spent at least two years longer on the lees than the 75cl format. All formats above 75cl are all hand riddled and hand labelled.
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE IS UNIQUE:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée is the first and unique Prestige Champagne re-created every year, beyond the notion of vintage.
▪ The art of blending wines from so many different years gives Krug Grande Cuvée its unique fullness of flavours and aromas, impossible to express with the wines of just a single year.
▪ The Édition number corresponds to the number of times in the House of Krug the founder’s dream has been re-created. It also serves as a reference for collectors, to enjoy it later.
▪ The full story of every Édition is revealed online via its Krug iD, the six digits on the back label.
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée, like all Krug Champagnes, will continue to gain with the passage of time.
▪A light golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
▪ Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and gingerbread.
▪ Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey.
FOOD & WINE PAIRING INSPIRATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 161ème Édition lends itself to a wealth of culinary combinations, from the simplest to the most sophisticated, from an aged parmesan to turbot à la truffe.
▪ It can be enjoyed as an aperitif with Jabugo ham and mature comté or served to accompany oysters, grilled shrimps, Indian or Moroccan food, as well as desserts such as carrot cake, tarte tatin and cheesecake.